BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:27:53 EST

In a message dated 3/3/00 8:07:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, yenm@iconn.com.ph
writes:

<< Personal observation: I've heard Americans blame violence in media.
However,
 I really believe that some blame should be put on advocating stricter gun
 control policy. Is "the right to bear arms" worth defending for Americans?
 If so, why? >>

The Bill of Rights is worded so loosely, that it can be taken several ways.
Here's what it says about the right to bear arms "A well regulated militia,
being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to
keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".

See it could mean you can only bear arms in an well regulated militia or that
you can bear arms, even without a milltia. See how loosely its worded? No
one, can rightfull say what it excatly means, because even someone with the
best of intentions, therir personal view gets in the way.

My personal opinion is that, yes you do deserve to have a weapon to protect
your self, but say a burgler breaks into your house, you get your gun ready,
go into where the theif is, he rushes at you, you try to shoot him, but
before you can pull the trigger, the theif kicks or punches you, grabs your
gun and kills you. What good is a gun then? The best marksman, can be
defenseless, up close and personal, if he lacks hand to hand skills.