Sir Loin of Beef (mdknight@pacific.net.sg)
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:58:58 +0800

I Just had a chance to check out the two latest issues.

Hobby Japan's special this month is a set of Virtual-On Oratatorio Tangram
models and dioramas, and there's an article on converting the Temjin kit to
a ver Ka type. They've also converted the HGUC Zaku III Custom to a standard
Zaku III. The new HGUC Gog is shown, and it really disappoints. The
shoulders are too small and it just doesnt look as good as some line art has
shown.
The PG Zeta is featured too and it'll have a clear plastic add-on set.
There's an incredible amount of brass contacts, pins, springs and metal
parts with this kit. But no photoetch.

Dengeki Hobby's main feature is Solomon Express II, and they've redone a lot
of the psychommu MS types, notably a Elmeth with some brain-like matter
showing through, and the Boun Doc and Psyco Gundam. The bound doc is the
version with thrusters for legs.

Another interesting set of work is shown in the Zetaplus 2, S2-Gundam, and a
FAZZ variant that looks really wicked. I think they mixed differently-scaled
kits of the same model for these.
The freebie this month is a set of decals or stickers(didn't really notice)
for the new Dubine kit's wings.
I personally find the lines too stark and contrasting. Maybe some soft
airbrushing could fix this.

The prototype of the new HGUC Gouf looks very similar to the 08MST version,
with minor differences around the knee, arms, chest and hip brackets for the
conductive cable. It comes with the 0079 version of the sword, 2 heat whips,
1 extended and the other curled, and the next part is the best... it comes
with a zaku machine gun with the carbine-like stock as seen in 0083!

In the previous month's issue of DH some pencil work of various Gog scenes
was shown, including a zaku with some underwater propulsion system. This
month they've done actual works of these. The gog looks great...really
organic looking with long, long arms and claws.