Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:01:02 -0800

>lately - to much StarCraft Brood War Battlenet gaming!)

RIGHT ON! I'm a recovering addict, but still get on a few games
occassionally! Have you checked out the Gundam Century Total Conversion?
Too bad not enough people play on it.

>I would have to say the
>Dengeki Hobby is definitly beating out Hobby Japan in terms of new kit and
>Gundam kit/toy coverage/reviews. DK in my opinion have just as good if not
>better modellers building kits for them (except for kit building GOD Max
>Wantanabe). DK also has better diorama's and kitbasher models. And Finally it
>has better (computer) illustrations and just graphic design wise (I am an Art
>Director) it just plane "looks" cooler.
>
>The only area that think HJ (I must state though that I have been a
>collector of
>HJ for at least 4 years) beats out DH is in the "how to" department. And the
>fact the HJ publishes those "MOOKS" and Gundam Weapons.

Are you sure about that? HJ's "how to" department used to be way more
detailed then they are now. These days their "how to" columns (except for
the occassional specials targeted to beginners) are just paying lip service
so there's an excuse to stuff more pages in the ad-infested mag. Same story
with the Gundam Weapons mooks... they used to rock, now it's just blatant ads
for MG kits featuring mostly recycled pages from past issues of HJ.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0