KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 10:11:50 -0800

There are several different set control pad layouts in the game. There
isn't any allowance to set custom gamepad layouts, but in turn it makes it
easier for people to learn and become accustomed to the layout. Anyway,
the layout I play with is where the two triggers on the top of the pad are
your weapon triggers; much like the arcade. Left is L weapon, right is R
weapon, and both is C weapon. The button config on the pad is basically...
(thinking diamond format here...) top is jump, bottom is crouch, left is
left turbo and right is right turbo. The digital pad is a given, but the
analog stick is for turning...kinda useless as it's too far for your left
thumb to switch back and forth between the digi pad and the analog stick to
gain sight...so again with the jump cancelling.

In VOOT, there's something called Virtual Armor which literally deflects L
and R weapons without taking any damage...and this automatic for VR's with
high V-armor...mostly heavy VR's...but there are those who have low HP
capacity but high V-armor; a VR like Angelan. It's interesting how you'll
have to use left turbo moves to destroy enemy V-armor to begin penetrating
with standard weapons...like Temjin...It's highly unlikely that you'll be
able to penetrate Raiden's V-armor anytime soon at anything more than 200
to 300 m with your long launcher (aka beam rifle). Though, while using
bomb and left turbo beam rifle, you can bring down his V-armor to about 50
or even 0 to use regular standing beam rifle or machine gun beam rifle.

KurenaiJiku