KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 18:51:25 -0800

Has anybody played VOOT for DC?  I have... :)  I have it... hehehe...it's definitely way cool...and I can't wait for the new version of VOOT to come out (aka VOOT MSBS Version 5.66).  It'll apparently have new mecha, run on the Naomi arcade board, slightly different dynamics, etc.

KurenaiJiku

William Horner wrote:
>Does anyone know where you can pick up dreamcast twin sticks online? And will >japaneese games play on an american
>dreamcast?

If you look at the recent DVDs post you will see that I posted a link to a site with an extensive list of online import retailers in the US.  Most of these shops should have the twin sticks listed but it seems a lot of them have sold them out.

I recently visited www.flashbackinc.com based in Ohio, who have them in stock at $99. You probably could find a lower price elsewhere.

Japanese games can play on US dreamcast with some modification. At present there are several options:
1. Install a new 'larger' BIOS chip with more than one region code. In your case US/JPN.
Will play all available games.

2. Install a chip that bypasses the region code checking process.
Will play all available games for now. Sega may introduce mod chip detection in future software although it seems unlikely at the moment.

3. Disconnect the clock battery and DC lid switch and use the swap technique.
Not all games will be playable - at the moment there are about 10 games that will not work. In a lot of cases, the ability to play certain games depends on the boot disk (In your case, the US disk) used. The best boot disks are usually demo disks which come with magazines.  Some demo disks have no region coding on them so can boot almost all games. Windows CE games require Windows CE games to load. Last I heard, VO:OT required a specific US disk to play.

You can find out more about the options at   Import Dreamcast
Also you can look through the forum postings or request help from other import gamers at  Sega Web

Tet