William Horner (William_Horner@plugandburn.com)
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 01:18:37 -0600

Does anyone know where you can pick up dreamcast twin sticks online? And
will japaneese games play on an american dreamcast?
On another note, Has anyone else out there picked up an apex dvd player yet?
This is absolutely the best deal ive seen in a long time, ability to disable
macrovision and region codes, in addition to VCDs, and Burned MP# cds, not
to mention burned cd's with video mpg fiels. All for 170$.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-gundam@ml.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@ml.aeug.org]On Behalf
Of Tomonaga
  Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 11:53 PM
  To: gundam@aeug.org
  Subject: Re: [gundam] OT: Virtual On: OT Is Coming to the U.S.

  BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:

    http://www.gamefan.com/hotinfo.asp?s=5435&rs=
    Activision is going to bring it to the US. No release date was given.
Hope
    Activision does a good job. Hope they release it with the twin sticks. I
    wasn't able to find them for the US Saturn version. Is VO easier to
control
    with the Twin Sticks? Its sounds akward the way magazines describe how
the
    Twin Sticks are used. I can't get used to joysticks, I grew up with game
    pads. Should I get the Twin Sticks, even though I dislike a regual ones?

    Aaron

  You shouldn't worry about Activision doing a good job for the US version
as there is little if any language translation to be made. Whether they
retain the ability to play online is another matter. It's like a fighting
game in that they could pretty much release the Japanese version and they
could getaway with it. You might even find some local arcade centres that
have the straight Japanese VO:OT arcade machines where you could try the
twin stick control. Or you might still be able to find the first VO at
some arcade centres.
  The controls are easy to pick up, and once you are familiar with the way
they work, it is much more natural than using a standard dreamcast
controller.

  The twin sticks are very expensive but you could say VO:OT is virtually
unplayable without them, and it certainly isn't the same game experience
without them. It all depends on how much you like the game I suppose. It's a
lot of money to spend on a controller that is really only useful for one
game.

  My advice would be to try the arcade machines if you can, or go to an
import game store and see if they will let you try the game and the
controller out before you decide.

  Tet