Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:24:18 -0500 (EST)

Evan wrote:
> Your use of the term "antisocial" here is the best way I could
> describe him, as a true psychological (not pop culture) definition.
> Whereas Char is somebody who I'm FASCINATED with, and who seems to be
> endlessly charismatic and flamboyant enough to enthrall people, Amuro
> seems like a gekko... fading into the background and watching (at
> least until it's time for battle).

Hmm yeah... too bad the Fed side doesn't have a champion of some kind.
Amuro can't ever become a leader, Noah seems stuck as a ship captain.
Revil and Cassius died prematurely. What about that slim guy in baby blue
suit in Z? The only problem is that he's a bit of a lunatic also.

> I just think there's something going on psychologically with Amuro in Z and
> CCA that's interesting in part because it sure as hell doesn't seem to be
> like something that could be easily resolved. Seeing so many die and being
> in the middle of it has to do something to your head, especially when
> you're mankinds "next step..."

I think the writers in Z just robbed Amuro in broad daylight. They shine
a spotlight on Camille, which is fine, but why bring out Amuro and drag
him through the dirt? I like the role transformation that Hiyato, Kai and
some other 0079 characters went through, but I feel sorry for Amuro and
Mirai. If they want to make Camille the hero of the show, why not just
keep Amuro retired? If he is going to fight, he's the type that fight
hard and he wouldn't turn down Char's invite to go to space.

The Amuro in CCA is yet a different deal. The personality is changed
again, now Amuro is a bit like a conventional hero, without a trace of his
social shortcoming. I don't mind Amuro in CCA too much, I am just not so
sure I can identify him in 0093 with the younger one in 0079.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble