Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:17:21 +1300

Nightingale wrote:

> And for accessories, it'll have 2 types of heat rods
> (0079's whip type or 08's rope type), arm shield, heat
> sabre (the info states it can be stored in the shield,
> so it got to be 08-style, Gouf Custom's heat sabre),
> and a Zaku machine gun (MMP-78). i wish it was either
> the Zaku FZ's boxy machine gun, or Rick Dom II's Tommy
> Gun a la 0083.

Regarding the heat sabre being able to be stored in the shield, why do
you say that it's got to be the 08-style?

I was scanning through Ranba Ral's fight scenes and I noticed that his
heat sabre is actually more like a beam sabre. He pulled just the handle
out from the shield and then activated the blade. It was my undestanding
that until the Gelgoog, all Zeon melee weapons had solid blades that
heated up.

Perhaps Ranba Ral's heat sabre has a telescopic blade like the cheap Star
Wars light sabre toys? : )

Tet