Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:07:36 +1300

-Z- wrote:

> At 00:23 2/23/2000 -0800, you wrote:
> >Any ideas where I can get Episode Listings for the Original Gundam Series, V
> >Gundam, Gundam X, G Gundam?
>
> For brevity's sake, I'm sending these one series at a time.
>
> Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
>
> #1: White Mobile Suit
> #2: The Day He Met The Machine
> #3: Usso's Battle
> #4: Why Are We Fighting?

It's actually 'Who are we fighting for?'

> #5: Godzorla Counterattack
> #6: The Soldier's Glory
> #7: The Sound Of The Guillotine
> #8: Fierce Fighting! Attacking Waves

Same as #21 from Gundam. It's 'gekito' here not 'gekisen' = both mean the same -
fierce fight, fierce battle, desperate battle erc... except that with 'gekito' you
are fighting an
intangible foe eg poverty, hunger, desperation etc..so ' a fierce fight' may
convey the wrong idea.

Does 'attacking waves' sound right? It is in reference to waves of attack or
attack in waves. 'attack waves' ?

> #9: Departure
> #10: Big Impression! Shrike Corps

'senretsu' here means that this particular unit stands out above others. If we
were talking about colours or appearance, eye-catching would be the right word.
'big impression' is probably not the right word and seems a bit cumbersome. How
about 'Awesome' , 'Elite', or 'The famous Shrike Corps', 'The famed Shrike Corps'
etc...

> #11: Shrike Corps Defensive Screen
> #12: Smash The Guillotine!

The word 'funsai' means break into pieces, crush into pieces. smash into pieces.
But do you 'smash' a guillotine? does it sound right?

> #13: Gibraltar Spaceport

The word used here refers to air space or space surrounding the area, not
spaceport.

> #14: Gibraltar Win & Lose

'Attack and Defend Gibraltar' same as episode 37 title in Gundam but I think you
preferred 'skirmish'. But doesn't skirmish imply small scale conflicts?

> #15: Space Dust

> #16: Reinforce Ascent

> #17: Imperial Queen

> #18: Space Fleet

It's missing the 'war' or 'battle' at the end of it.

> #19: Search For Shakti
> #20: Eve Of The Decisive Battle
> #21: Strategic Satellite

'Strike the strategic satellite' similar to episode 3 title in Gundam

> #22: The Tiger Of Space
> #23: Zanscare Infiltration
> #24: The Battle For The Capital

'Attack and defend the capital' or 'Skirmish at Capital' See #14.

> #25: Enemy Ship & Enemy Territory

'To the enemy ship and enemy territory'

> #26: Maria & Usso
> #27: A Flash Running Across Space

May want to consider adding 'light' i.e 'a flash of light'.

> #28: The Great Escape Run

'The Great Escape' or 'The Great desertion' which ever is relevant

> #29: New Suit V-2
> #30: The Mother Of Gundam

'The mother's gundam' or 'The Gundam of the Mother'

> #31: Motorad Launch
> #32: Doggorla Blitzkrieg

Not the word for blitzkrieg, but probably similar in execution but different in
objective?

> #33: Sea Dwelling People
> #34: Operation Giant Roller
> #35: Little Mother Shakti

It's 'Mother or Shakti'

> #36: Mother Earth Return

'Mother, return to earth' - not 'Earth'

> #37: Twin Rad Counterattack
> #38: North Sea Conflagration

It is more like 'dye the North Sea with flames', 'set the north sea ablaze' or
something like this probably sounds better than 'conflagration'?

> #39: The White Ark's Song

'The song of the light wing' or 'The light wing song'.
'Light wing' is that light thing that comes out of the back of the V2? Gundam that
resembles a wing.

> #40: Attack Under The High-Altitude Defense

'Under the High-altitude attack'

> #41: Father Of Lies Battlefield

'They used hiragana here but I assume it is The Battlefield the father made'

> #42: Lifeblood Of The Glorious Revolution

'Fresh blood to the vortex of light' or 'Fresh blood to the light vortex' or
something along these lines.

> #43: Battlefield Comet Fala
> #44: A Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Literally 'Love is to the end of light' but probably something like 'Love
everlasting', 'Eternal love' etc...is more appropriate.

> #45: Usso's Vision Dance

'genkaku' is hallucination or illusion, or I guess, vision. 'Usso's hallucinatory
dance'?

> #46: Tashiro's Rebellion
> #47: A Womanly Battlefield

'The women's battlefield'

> #48: A Time To Wither, A Time To Bloom

literally 'Disappearing life, blossoming life'. Perhaps something like 'One life
ends, another begins' or something similar.

> #49: An Angel Circles Overhead

'Above the angel's halo'

> #50: Hatred In Confrontation

literally ' hatred beckons the confrontation' or 'the confrontation beckoned by
hatred'
perhaps 'Hateful confrontation', 'Confrontation of hate', or 'Confrontation with
hate'?

> #51: Angel's Ascension

'Angels' Ascension' plural.

I also have the complete lists of G and X Gundams as well, so I will post them
when I have time.

Tet