Peter Savin (pedro@shiporama.org)
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:41:25 -0800

>What do you mean "super realisitic"? Because they and the rest of the
>SeaQuest/Star Trek/Babylon 5 crowd haven't produced anything that could be
>called photoreal, yet. Time and correct software and correct application
of
>said software. And a someone with an artistic idea, that helps.

I don't know if you saw the last few episodes of DS9 (yes, the B5 and
SeaQuest stuff stunk), but the destruction of the USS Defiant was truly
spectacular (for a cgi explosion), and quite realistic IMO. I've watched
the thing many times, and just the sheer amount of detail is amazing (you
can see lots of inner frame-work, little fires, etc...). There were a few
other sequences from big Trek battles that were nearly as impressive. They
can do it, and they have done it, they just need to spend the time....

Peter Savin
pedro@shiporama.org