Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:31:12 +1300

Chien Ting Chin wrote:

> Thanks to Eric for bringing up the article on Sci-Fi and Fantasy Modeling
> International article on G-Savior. I went down and thumbed through it.
>
> It's on the last three pages of Issue #42, the focus is on the CG F/X,
> which were contracted to Digital Muse. This article is essentially a
> promo for Digital Muse. There's no mention of the movie plotline as far
> as I can tell, and no mention of the actors, writers etc. The article on
> the F/X are a little similar to Cineflex. Both the interviewer and the
> interviewee seem to be talking about Gundam in a detached way, they
> respect how important Gundam is to Japanese and Western anime fans, but it
> doesn't sounds like they are Gundam fans themselves. But I could be wrong
> on this one.
>
> There are five film stills, one showing clearly a GMish MS, one showing
> not-so-clearly a bad guy MS, one showing about 30 MS flying in space in
> formation (teams of 3?) the other two aren't very clear. From the text,
> the only interesting bits (i.e. not related to F/X technology or process)
> are:
>
> - The Gundam suits were designed by "the Japanese client"
> - The RAI (bad guy suit) was designed by US artist Kevin Ishioka
> (Armaggedon, Mission to Mars)
> - Digital Muse's biggest claim to fame is their work on ST:DS9 and
> ST:Voyager
>
> I've also found several film stills on Digital Muse's website:
> www.dmuse.com
> The relavent links can also be accessed from Newtype Asylum's news page.
>
> Now a personal thought: err, I don't like the look of this... Both the
> design and rendering of the GMish MS looks like state-of-the-art 1988
> American CG cartoons. The colony looks beautiful but that's the only good
> thing I can say about these film stills. Well see for yourself.
>
> Had anyone here actually seen this movie?

You can find out all there is to know (except MS designs) at the Official G
Saviour Homepage . This site went up a few weeks ago but it is all in
Japanese.

They have four screen shots from the movie, only one with a MS along with the
storyline intro. They replace the pictures each week I think. It's up to pics
11 to 14.

Pictures and descriptions of the main characters.
List of credits.
Latest news and info.

It's set to air on TV in Japan sometime this year.

Tet