Joaquin & Linette Torres (jltorres@bellsouth.net)
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:23:15 -0500

Nemus wrote:

> Well, before the Side 7 incident doctor Ray was the most brilliant
> engineer/scientist in the Federation so he was probably paid very, very
> well. But Amuro's original home wasn't so big or magnificient so we must
> presume that the Rey became rich during the war with the V project.
> --
> Vincenzo

Yes, but the fact that he had a home on Earth is indicative of his family's
status. Only 'the elite' were allowed to remain on Earth; conceivably, the Tem
Rey's family was allowed to live on Earth due to:
    - his ability as an MS engineer/designer
    - his wealth from above
    - his military value from above
    - all of the above

My two yen,