Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:25:50 -0800

>Hey! I happen to LIKE Gundam X! Some might consider it campy, but seeing
>hundreds of colonies dropping on Earth at once really grabs the eye. I
>also liked the characters, the mobile suit designs, and the setting (I
>love post apocalyptic stories and Gundam and this had both). And
>additionally, X had some of the best music I've heard in any Gundam series
>I've got music for (and I've got music from them all I think). F91 and CCA
>come close, but I love the opening two songs and the ending theme from the
>Side 1 CD, and really like the music in between.

The 3 OST CDs for Gundam X is surprisingly consistent, unlike multi-OST
releases from most other anime series, which invariably follow this pattern
of great->not bad->THIS SUCKS! GIMME MY MONEY BACK! Even the 3 V Gundam
OST CDs follows this pattern to some extent. Evangelion is probably the
worst offender of all time.

The excerpt from X in the 20th Anniv. Symphonic Concert CD is one of the
program's highlights - it features a very dissonent-sounding lead violin
that got a lot of solo spots, which you don't get to hear from the X OSTs.

>Call me crazy, but X ranks high in my opinion of Gundam series. I like the
>others (and even rank some higher than X like 8th MS Team), but it is just
>something about this series that grabs me.
>
>Roland

Music-wise, I think 08th MS Team is probably the lowest in my book. They
have good J-pop songs, but the score just doesn't cut it at all. No
memorable theme whatsoever.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0