David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:52:17 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:25:01 EST, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> You know, I totally agree with you. I find very few new anime these days

> that are worth my time, and I thought maybe it was because I was getting
too
> old. Director who made Bubble Gum Crisis 2040, Hayashi Hiroki with AIC
is
> now directing a new show called "Kacho Ohji" about a middle-aged former
> rocker who decide to get back into music. It's been getting very
favorable
> reviews. (I'll also add that I'm biased for Hayashi-san because he's a
> personal friend and a heck of a nice guy :)

Is Gasaraki any good? I liked Takahashi's work on Votoms, but a lot of
people thought this show was a bit impenetrable.

Still, Sunrise has done some pretty good shows lately. Cowboy Bebop, Vision
of Escaflowne, etc. I wouldn't say all new anime is crap, although I do
admit only about one or two shows a season interest me.

I'm looking forward to watching "Ima, soko ni iru Boku," and "Kazemakase
Gekkeiran," both of which are recent anime releases (Ima, soko has just
finished its run on Wowow). Oh yeah, and I'm also looking forward to
watching some show called Turn A Gundam.

Jojo