mirai y (zafikel@hotmail.com)
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:25:01 EST

>From: Chien Ting Chin <chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca>

>I went to another anime club show last week, in 4+ hours of the "latest"
>animes I found only Bubble Gum Crisis 2040 worth my time. At the end they
>put in an extra tape for "audience testing", forgot the name but it's got
>an weird in-your-face deliberately-pointless Pokemon-for-adult-loser style
>to it. No wonder Tomino can't "keep up" with the times...

You know, I totally agree with you. I find very few new anime these days
that are worth my time, and I thought maybe it was because I was getting too
old. Director who made Bubble Gum Crisis 2040, Hayashi Hiroki with AIC is
now directing a new show called "Kacho Ohji" about a middle-aged former
rocker who decide to get back into music. It's been getting very favorable
reviews. (I'll also add that I'm biased for Hayashi-san because he's a
personal friend and a heck of a nice guy :)

mirai