David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:50:00 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:25:06 -0500 (EST), gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> David "Jojo" Wong wrote:
> > Depends of Tomino's already questionable mental state.
>
> Wow! Where did that come from? Who has questioned his mental state?
> You can say he's burnt out, you may say he's washed up, you may say he's
> passe (all of which are debatable), but mental state?

A joke, a joke! I just think that anyone who would make an ending as wacky
as in the Ideon would have to be pretty screwy to begin with(and don't
forget Brain Powered's smiling naked characters). Ahh...but all great anime
characters are just a little bit crazy, aren't they?

Btw, I don't think he's washed up, burnt out or passe. But I do think it's
harder for him to gain acceptance with the anime crowd than an up and coming
creator, what with the enormous pressure on him to create another
revolutionary like Gundam.

Jojo