Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:56:57 -0800

>Just picked up a few books, don't know if anyone covered them yet:
>
>Mobile Suit Memoirs
>The Best Mobile Suit UC 0079 - UC 0153
>207 Pages, 175 Color!
>ISBN4-8402-1373-9
>Y2500
>-----
>The book basically covers all the major suits from the UC shows. The format
>is as follows: A nice two page illustration of the pilot & the suit. Then a
>page with the latest Injection Kit for that suit followed by a CG Action
>shot of the suit. Pretty cool mix. . Most of the illustrations I don't
>think I've seen.

Most of the cel illustrations have previously been published in past issues
of the now defunct B-Club magazine, but it's very nice to have them in a
single collection instead of scattered back issues.

>Also includes Turn A gundam section... Must have all us UC
>Buffs and at a killer price!

I agree, but Lers unfortunately does not agree. ;)

For plastic injection kits contents, you are probably better off with
Version 2.0 of Dengeki's Perfect Gundam Model Catalog though, it now
includes BB Senshi as well, though not in great detail.

A new Turn A reference book came out, I think it was called Memories of
First Wind. Haven't been excited about it enough to check out what's
in the pages, but I suspect the model numbers and specs would be in there.

>Newtype Illustrated Collection:
>20th Anniversary of Gundam - Gundam Regeneration
>90 Pages, 88 Pages Color!
>ISBN4-04-853125-5
>Y1800
>-----
>A collection of Newtype Magazine Covers, Various Newtype Illustrations all
>focusing on the actual mobile suits. Its nice to see the artwork without
>all the text and writing around it. Reproduction quality of some of the
>pictures is poor/grainy (especially on one of my favorite covers with the
>Nu-Gundam).

Oh on, what happened there?

>Gundam Episode Guide Vol.3
>Grips Conflict and Neo Zeon War I, II UC0087-UC0093
>160 Pages, 80 Color
>ISBN4-04-853070-4
>Y1600
>-----
>This installment covers Z Gundam, Gundam ZZ and Char's Counterattack. The
>book starts off by introducing the characters and the introducing each
>series by political/military factions & then showing the corresponding
>Mecha. Includes episode name listings, staff listings, mobile suit/pilot
>chart, episode synopsis, black & white on mechanics & characters, An essay
>on Char & the 3 Witches: Kirshia Zabi, Reccoa Londo & Haman Khan.

Ah yes! Finally! Someone who recognizes Haman as a witch! :)

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0