Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:10:47 +1300

Chien Ting Chin wrote:

> Tomonaga wrote:
> > Most of the differences you find in the TV series compared to the
> > Movie is an improvement so there shouldn't be any concern. There are
>
> Hmm like Jim (I think?) I will also defend the movies a bit. I have been
> a total "TV better than movies" guy for a long time until I actually
> re-watch the last parts of both versions in a "side-by-side" comparison.
>
> > Sleggar wasn't a G-Armour pilot per se, he flew a variant of the
> > G-Armour called the G-fighter(G-Armour without Gundam) but he died
> > doing exactly the same thing. I doubt you would have trouble accepting
> > it, the G-Fighter is much much better than a Core Booster and that's
>
> Actually this scene in the TV does bug me a lot. In the TV, after Bigzam
> busted out of A Bao A Qu and went on a kamikaze rampage, Sleggar signaled
> Amuro to join up, so they did one of those offensive in-battle combination
> Gundam + G-Fighter = G-Armour and charged Bigzam, after G-Armour rammed
> into Bigzam, destroying the I-field generator, Sleggar sacrificing in the
> process, Gundam, while still inside G-Armour, free up his right arm and
> fire the beam rifle to destroy Bigzam. The next scene has Gundam outside
> of G-Armour and both G-Armour and Bigzam nowhere to be seen.
>
> There are more things out of whack in this scene than you can shake a
> stick at. Apart from tactical impossibilties such as combining in the heat
> of battle, Gundam shooting with his head still inside G-Armour and
> Gundam's arm moving to an impossible angle while inside G-Armour; you have
> the annoying continuity problem: before joining, Gundam had one shield, as
> G-Armour, there were 2 shields, after killing Bigzam, Gundam came back out
> with only 1 sheld again.

This two shield become one then two again, puzzled me when it first appeared
in the earlier episodes when they were still on Earth. Amuro knew that one
side would be vulnerable, whenever he deployed in Gundam then formed G-Armour,
and he explained this in detail in a lecture to the crew. The solution? the
shields conveniently stack together. I don't remember what episode it was but
they actually show the two shields magically combining together after Gundam
was released from the G-Armour. : )

Also I think when the Gundam is inside the G-Armour, Amuro's controls display
data from the G-Armour's cameras and sensors. I don't think he is sitting
inside blind but I don't know if Gundam is holding a beam rifle in its hand
when they transform into G-Armour though...

Tet