Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:47:20 -0500 (EST)

Nightingale wrote:
> Garma's death. From what I see in that scene, I think
> Doren is still loyal to Char, but he has to fend for
> himself, obviously.

I have a different interpretation. I think Doren is an oppotunist, he was
loyal to Char before the Garma incident because Char was such a good
strategist. After Char's fall from grace, Doren deftly detached himself
from Char and moved on to commanding a Musai. I think both versions were
trying to suggest this but IIRC the movie version was better. I think
Doren said some superfiscal flattery to Char and Char replied in a
diplomatic but unpersonal manner.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble