-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 20:05:44 -0800

The March 2000 issue of Hobby Japan has some more Turn A profiles, with
some new nomenclature and model numbers.

TAF-M9 Eagail - this is down in Burke's List as "Eagel" but I don't know if
it's the first time they've Romanized it or a new Romanization.

MRC-U11D WaD - this is down in Burke's List as "Wadd" but again I don't
know the provenance. Note that the capitalization is as given: uppercase
W, lowercase a, uppercase D. Burke didn't have the model number, so I
presume it's new.

The other two MS, Concept-X 6-1-2 Mobile Turn X and NRS-P701 Gozzo, were
already listed by Burke.

I'm not sure how much credence to put in the Turn A model numbers and
Romanizations, but they appear to be internally consistent. An earlier
issue of Hobby Japan gave two other profiles that are different or missing
from Burke's List:

SPA-51 Cannon Illefuto - Burke has it down as "Cannon Irfute"

MR-Spi 05 Omega "Jet Stream" - Burke doesn't list this at all. It's a Dom
analog and the "Omega" is given as a Greek letter, although "pi" is given
in lowercase as shown.

There may be other model numbers that have been given only in Hobby
Japan. It may be worth further investigation by those doing MS web sites.

And, for what it's worth, the name of Turn A's nominal protagonist is given
as Rolan Cehack....

-Z-