Chris Beilby (
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 20:48:04 GMT

>Hi All,
>All-Right! This is my first real E-mail to the group.
>I just got my first Gundam Wing model kit (Heavyarms for all interested)
>was wonder for any other model kit constructors out there: what do you use
>for the "panel lines" on the legs? I first tried paint, but it was WAY too
>hard w/ what I had available to me at the time. (black paint and a
>toothpick-yippee!) Anyway I wound up using a Uni-Ball Vision
>waterproof/fadeproof pen, (micro for small lines, thin for the bigger
>which seems to work well, it comes out a very little thick, but it still
>looks OK, and even if it smudges, it just wipes away clean as long as if
>doesn't sit to dry. Well, to get to the main question: what do you use for
>these lines? if you use anything?
>Any replies will be greatly appreciated

Ok, I think we have another question candidate for a FAQ.

What most of us do is to use either the Gundam Marker designed for panel
lines, which you can order from Hobbylink Japan or may be able to get from
any hobby shop carrying Gunze Sangyo paints. Another option is to use a
very fine tipped Micron Pigma artist's pen.
Get Your Private, Free Email at

Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 05:48:49 JST