Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 09:10:41 +1300

The only problem I have in terms of reload time is the Prototype beam
rifle. I think the rest are fine. I always switch to the other weapons
during reload times and it's only the prototype beam rifle and the
production beam rifle that allows much time to use these other weapons.
One thing though, if I recall correctly, Amuro never had the ability to
reload his beam rifle during a battle and it was the same with the
bazooka as well...and I think he only fired carefully placed shots i.e
not like a machine gun. : )

I think shot placement counts a lot in this game. Using lock-on isn't
always a good idea for quick kills... You can easily take out the Zaku
with two shots from the prototype beam rifle to the chest but if you are
hitting the wrong place it can take 4+ shots. I don't know if it's
possible to take out a Zaku with one shot but it could be possible I
suppose.

Also when shooting down the Gau, if you position yourself correctly and
hit the right spots, it only takes 6 shots from the prototype beam rifle
destroy all engines! Two to the outer engines and one each to the inner
engines. And as you know, otherwise you have to quickly get back to the
point at which the Gau exits the battle area and hope the beam rifle
charges up again in time...

Tet