Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:07:32 +0800

> You must have missed it, because I said I thought the movies where great
> movies. But, I think the movies would confuse new comers.

That didn't happen to my friends. Well, mainly because I think we're all
used to giant robot shows and other anime when we grew up together. I think
that preconditioning helped navigate through those confusing elements you
mentioned. But then again, you guys did have Robotech and Starblazers.

> While the movies
> are great, it is blantently clear, at least to me, that there are holes in
> the movies that only watching the series can clear up. I can this
impression,
> even though I have not seen the original series. They are good, but are
> confusing to me. I don't want to sound like I am argueing and if I do, I
> don't mean to.

We're debating - arguing has some emotional weight at stake. :) In this
case, we both agree that the movies were good - but I think its clear that
we differ on whether or not the movies were confusing.

> This is just the way I feel about the three movies. Now, if
> they would just release the original series in English subtitles and
dubbed,
> I could have these holes cleared up for me.

That's ok. There's always the Gundam ML to ask around if stuff in the series
is confusing.

Fed :)