BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 07:13:02 EST

In a message dated 2/19/00 7:03:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
yenm@iconn.com.ph writes:

<< Funny you guys seem to be talking about the movies this way. I find that
the
 three movies are worth the watch anytime. The story was pretty easy to
 understand and it serves as a great introduction to the world of Gundam. I
 can attest to the fact that many of my friends understand what Gundam is all
 about because of these three movies. Quite a few of them became full-blown
 fans.

 Since I can't really understand all Japanese except snippets of dialogue -
 there isn't any way I can watch the entire 0079 series again from the
 Betamax tapes I used to have them in. And my memory of the original series
 was actually pretty thin when I got to college - which was when I was
 reintroduced to the series once more through some friends.

You must have missed it, because I said I thought the movies where great
movies. But, I think the movies would confuse new comers. While the movies
are great, it is blantently clear, at least to me, that there are holes in
the movies that only watching the series can clear up. I can this impression,
even though I have not seen the original series. They are good, but are
confusing to me. I don't want to sound like I am argueing and if I do, I
don't mean to. This is just the way I feel about the three movies. Now, if
they would just release the original series in English subtitles and dubbed,
I could have these holes cleared up for me.

 I'm sorry, but I really like the Tomino movies. Those movies and the 0083
 OAVs were crucial to my return to Gundam. >>