Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:10:13 -0800

>Thank you for the info., it helped me a lot. What is the original TV series
>called? Is it just called Mobile Suit Gundam or is it MSG:OYW?

  It was just called "Mobile Suit Gundam". Of course, this makes it hard
to tell whether you're talking about the first series or the Gundam saga
as a whole, so there's a tendency to slap on some sort of clarification
when you're talking about it, just as Star Trek fans label the original
series "Star Trek: The Original Series" (or "TOS" for short). Japanese
fans have taken to calling the original Gundam series "First Gundam", but
there isn't a real consensus among English-speaking fans.

-- Mark