Winn Sevilla (winn@nsclub.net)
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:52:44 +0800

Sorry for the long delay... here it is anyway...

David \"Jojo\" Wong wrote:

> > I'm from the Philippines. The Smoon series here are waaay reruns... few
> years
> > ago it was fine but it just got stuck back to the S series while it was
> on the
> > 10th episode on the SS...
>
> Interesting. Could you tell us what else is on TV there?

Lemme see...
Here's the ones already showed in the past...
BT-X (Neo)
Sailormoon (R, S, some of SS) - and its still playing round and round...
Patlabor
Eto Rangers
Gundam W
G Gundam
Yu Yu Hakusho - still playing and everyone's still loving it!
Dragonball (Z) - also going on, but for how long? it's been rerunned 4 times
already...
BattleBall
Super Boink - ewww
Saber Marionette J and the OVA series.

That's as far as i can remember... the currently playing are...
note: THESE are ALWAYS in filipino dubbing, as they'd say, for the masses...
like for sure...

Saber Marionette J to X - impressive the channel was able to continue this!
Pokemon - you know why...
Evangelion - the filipino dubbing sucks like its never sucked before.
(considering the way the story goes, im really surprised the channel continued
it!)
Flame of Recca - sigh, not as bad but they really have a horrible way
translating the words...
Wedding Peach - dunno what this is all about, just saw it recently.

Coming up...
Fushigi Yuugi or whatever that's called...

> > > Pokemon is the highest rated anime series in America. It is the highest
> > > rated children's cartoon as well.
> >
> > Everybody's taking it FANATICALLY here too...
>
> Wow! A real global franchise. Wonder if it will pass or will it really be a
> worldwide icon? I don't think any pop culture item has hit the world so
> hard.

Yeah. Even the local news are really making a fuss about it. They even featured
some girls who has a lot of pokemon collection, namely Pikachus...
good thing there's no violence involved...