Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:42:19 -0800

Justin Palmer asks,

> Can anyone tell me what, if any, differences there are between
> the original GM and the RGM-179 GM II? Looking at the stats, it seems
> that the GM II has more thrust. Are there any other differences?

  Yep, but most of them are internal. Most importantly, the GM II has been
refitted with a linear seat & panoramic display. Its armor materials have
also been improved (it's not clear what the original material was, but it's
now titanium-ceramic composite). In addition to the 10% thrust increase, its
reactor output has also been boosted by about 20%, allowing the GM to use a
beam rifle. Oh, and there's that chest camera widget. :-)

-- Mark