Winn Sevilla (winn@nsclub.net)
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:24:17 +0800

David \"Jojo\" Wong wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:26:33 +0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>
> > David \"Jojo\" Wong wrote:
> > >
> > Now that you've been talkin about good versus evil, can you give me some
> info?
> > I know that the SMoon series are horrible there... but what about the
> other
> > anime that's aired in US Television?
>
> Why? Where do you live? The SMoon series were hacked up a bit, but
> essentially the idea wasn't changed too much. It IS a sentimental show with
> definite "good" and "bad" forces anyway. The 2nd season was fairly well
> done, though. At least when compared to previous anime releases.

I'm from the Philippines. The Smoon series here are waaay reruns... few years
ago it was fine but it just got stuck back to the S series while it was on the
10th episode on the SS...

> > Like, Rurouni Kenshin, I know its been transformed for US audiences so
> how does
> > it fare in there?
>
> It is not on TV. It will be released on video and DVD soon. I sure would
> like it to be on TV, though. Sony is said to be still working on it. I doubt
> they will succeed in getting a show that is so entrenched in Japanese
> history on TV. Anything can happen, though.
> >
> > I might be wrong about it being played on TV... well at least can you
> specify
> > what anime is currently playing on US television? I just wanna know the
> > situation of anime on the USA.
> >
> Pokemon is the highest rated anime series in America. It is the highest
> rated children's cartoon as well.

Everybody's taking it FANATICALLY here too...

> Digimon is doing very well.

What's a digimon?

> Monster Rancher is doing okay in the ratings.
>
> Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z are doing very well on the Cartoon Network.
> Especially Dragon Ball Z. Ronin Warriors is doing so-so.

Any bad changes on DBZ? Up to what episodes is it now?

> Card Captor Sakura will likely be on TV soon.
>
> Jojo

So its true. The CCS series is going there... on what network? I've heard that
Sakura's name is going to ba changed to "Nikki"... doesn't suit her really.