David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:02:05 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:41:26 -0600, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> > True. Often-times 8 year olds or whatever can't appreciate the
dichotomies
> presented in such a series as Gundam. But when they turn 12 or 13 and
> things get confusing, then it really strikes a chord.

Well, I don't deny that children's TV definitely need more variety here. But
again, that doesn't mean the existing "simple-kiddie" cartoons are
necessarily crappy...

Personally, I like the idea of showing uncut anime in the night. I hope this
trend continues--I'd like to see some major TV networks consider airing
late-night anime. That way, teens who are old enough can watch them, and
parents won't gripe about violence and the such since they are shown so
late.

> On Gundam W? It's not my favorite series... in fact I want to make a
> petition for them to translate zeta or the original series... but it's
> going to be fun to come home from work and see it on the TV.

I heard that Bandai does have Zeta translated...but they haven't found the
right time to release them yet. Could be true, could be not. I think the
fact that some of these Gundam series are so old may be holding them back.
Wouldn't it be funny if they released Turn A Gundam before Zeta in America?
And then they would release the new Gundam show after Turn A, and the one
after that...

And don't forget, they still need to release V Gundam and Gundam X....

Well, it wouldn't be funny to Zeta Gundam fans, heh!

Jojo