Richard Holman (homer@mcn.net)
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:33:21 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: SilverMist <silvermist25@yahoo.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2000 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Will Wing bring us dissapointment?

>I totally agree. If parents to shelter their young
>children from the 'horrors and violence' of the world,
>then how do you expect them to function properly and
>deal with serious issues in/out of school later in
>their life? You can't.

While I do AGREE with most of the statement you made, there are limits. I
have two nephews, and with the older one, we'll be watching the midnight
showing together. I am not sure the younger one is ready, and until he is a
couple of years older, I'd prefer somethng like the 5 pm (He is just 5 years
old). When he is seven or eight, then the uncut will be fine, it is the same
way I wouldn't let the older one watch Hokuto No Ken, at least until his
teen years. It is just curtosy, and I like the double version, it shows that
you can have BOTH instead of the 80's dubs where watered down versions were
forced on us, and the unedited were lost forever.