SilverMist (silvermist25@yahoo.com)
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:24:36 -0800 (PST)

I totally agree. If parents to shelter their young
children from the 'horrors and violence' of the world,
then how do you expect them to function properly and
deal with serious issues in/out of school later in
their life? You can't.

Sure, parents can let their kids watch shows like
'Sailor Moon' or 'Pokemon' where it tries to 'teach'
children to be good and kind and to fight 'evil'. But
who can grow up to be so naiive to think that the real
world out there is like that - go and true where
'good' triumphs?

What parents should know is that their children can
learn about violence. If people are educated in
violence then violence is no threat or danger.
The issue should not be 'Will my child's mind be
warped by such a show?' but should focus on 'Does
this program demonstrate and teach the consequences of
'brutal violence?'.

Gundam W, I believe, will be quite a dissapointment
for 5 o'clock viewers. The true natures and actions of
the characters ( mainly the G boys) will be filtered
down to a low-grade show with 'housed' battle scenes
that don't really give viewers the feel of the
Gundam's power and abilty.

But what people can probably expect is how the
personalities of the Gundam pilots will be pretty
twisted. Duo will probably end up childish and
annoying , while Heero will just be horribly
insulting. Quatre, I don't think will change because
he's pretty much a laid back, optomistic kind of guy.
Wu Fei- I have a bad feeling about what he will turn
out to be.

Let's just be thankful that there will be uncut
versions at midnight!

SM