Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:27:51 +1300

Chien Ting Chin wrote:

> The game plot thickenth:
>
> Now there's this G-Duel game played with SD figures:
>
> http://www.gundam.channel.or.jp/goods/gashapon/gduel/
>
> >From the rules page, this is a hex-based game with some similarity to
> Gundam Simulation. It seems there's an orientation so there are
> limitation based on which way the piece is facing. Since the game pieces
> are kind of large, I would imagine the board to have more limited number
> of hexes.
>
> Tet, care to do more translation?

No problems with legibility this time around...but some infomation are not
given...

Gashapon Duel SD Gundam

The game pieces are especially made for this game with special notations on the
top and bottom of the base of the figure. Also it says you have to make the game
sheet/'map'. I have no idea if anything is supplied or you are supposed to make
the thing from scratch yourself. So it's hard to say how big the game board is...

To begin with:
-This game is for two players only
- Make the game 'map' and then each player positions the HQ sheet and Catapult
sheet on the 'map' (presumeably these sheets are supplied).
-The first to occupy the opposing HQ or completely destroy the enemy units is the
winner.
-The figures come in red, blue, or green. The colours are indicative of defence
ability.
-Each figure also has a number on the bottom. This is the figure's general
rating.
-Players must each select a team of MS to be used in the game. A player can have
any combination and any number of the available MS as long as the total sum of the
figure's ratings do not exceed 15.
-Each MS has a corresponding hexagonal dice 'hexa' which contains battle damage,
and these are based on the individual MS abilities.
-This game also takes into account the abilities of the pilot. Each available
pilot also has a corresponding hexagonal dice indicating special attack 'outcomes'
and these are connected to the 'hexa' of the MS to be piloted. The combined
MS+pilot hexas are called 'hexa connect'.
-You cannot have more than one of the same pilot on a single team, unless the
pilot is a generic one. i.e You can't have two Amuros and three Chars on your
team, but both players can have one Amuro, one Char and 4 generic pilots.
-To begin the game the figures are placed in the spaces closest to the player,
facing forward. There is a triagle on the base of each figure which indicates its
forward position.
-Each player then takes turns to move at least one MS per turn.
-The number of spaces a figure can move in any one direction is indicated on the
hexagonal base of the figure. See example. The figures must also always face the
forward direction.
-As the flow chart indicates, in this game a figure can move+attack+recover in a
single turn.
-One can attack an enemy unit when it comes within the SR#(search range) of the
particular MS. Although the page does not say, I presume the SR# is printed on the
figure base or the MS hexa.
-When attacking, inform the other player which unit is attacking which unit.The
players then twist and set their appropriate 'hexa connect' to suit the
situation. This is called 'hexa setting'.(you will need to read what's on the
hexas to know how/why this is done)
-Both players then simultaneously throw their appropriate hexa connects. The
number indicated on your own MS hexa is the amount of damage the other unit will
receive.
-The pilot hexa determines the special outcome of the attack.
Explanation of what's on the pilot hexa are given:
-Additional attack - Throw the hexa again. - If you get another 'additional
attack' then the attack was unsuccessful and no damage was done.
-Plus # - Adds # to the damage inflicted to the other unit. If the MS hexa
indicated a miss then this is ignored.
-Pre-emptive strike - If your MS hexa indicates damage inflicted on the other
unit, then no damage was suffered by your unit. If both players come up with
pre-emptive strike, then neither unit suffers any damage.
-After Battle - Even if your unit is destroyed in this attack, this will mean the
unit can be reused again.
-Retry - Throw the hex one more time. Two retries in a row counts as a miss.

After the atttack is over, the condition of the participating MS automatically
returns to normal unless destroyed in battle. i.e. damage is not carried over from
a battle, and a unit must be and can only be destroyed in a single turn of attack.

A good look at the various hexas should explain some of the uncertain aspects of
this game.

Tet