David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:00:35 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:47:04 -0500, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> Well speaking of Gundam and SRW not comming to the states,
> I hope they can do that too but only problem is...;;; Would you want them
> be DUBBED into ENGLISH when they come out as well;;;? I mean, it would
be
> highly unlikely that it will just have english lines when they characters
> are saying JAPANESE WORDS right? If it gets dubbed, I just don't buy
them
> because simply... they are bad. By far, only English dubbing for any PS
> games or Anime that had decent dubbing was Ranma(even this was not
> sufficient but..)

That's not fair. Bandai's dubs have been for the most part surprisingly
good--Gundam 0080 and Cowboy Bebop are some of the sharpest dubs out there,
and they are head and shoulders superior to 80 percent of the voice work
even in American cartoons, especially the unenthusiastic Saturday morning
was (Read: Avengers). While english dubbed dialogue may never be as
razor-sharp as say, The Simpsons or even King of the Hill (it's tough to
write seamless english translated scripts, don't ya know), we are slowly
getting to the point where an average person can watch a dub anime and not
wince or screw up their face at an awkward line of dialogue, because dubs
ARE getting better.

Jojo