David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 21:18:34 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 19:49:49 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> [...]
Gundam
> world (in other words, back-stabbing, and what have you). As for the
> character design, it does take some time to get used to. As for the mecha
> design, needs some time before most veteran Gundam fans can get used to.
One
> aspect of the show I really hate is the MS combats - in the first 14
> episodes that I saw, there are no "real" MS combat anywhere (Turn A blew
up
> his rifle in the first couple of episode, use that hammer for one
episode,
> and finally find the beam saber around episode 10) and besides, it seems
> that MS combat would be a very little part of the show (after all, I
assume
> that I am at least 1/4 of the way through and I still hasn't seen any
real
> MS combat). If you can accept all that, it's actually a pretty good show.
> had no idea how Tomino convince those two guys to sing the OP and ED
(both
> of whom used to be pretty popular)...

How about the characters? I know Tomino tends to use similar character
archetypes over and over for his series, but would you say there is a good
focus on character interactions and emotions? If it's low key like 0080 I
wouldn't mind.

1/4 of the way through? I think the series has already passed the forty
episode mark and it's still going.

show--still could be good, though. I'm still attracted to its world
design--very fanciful.

Jojo