Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 19:49:49 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Ludvig" <tameno@hotmail.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2000 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Turn A Gundam question

> I hear it isn't doing so well also. I think a lot of people are turned
off
> by the designs...which is too bad. I haven't seen it, but it looks like a
> show I might like (bad Mecha designs aside)

    If we are just talking about the story, Turn A has one of the better
story out there, especially if you love the political aspect of the Gundam
world (in other words, back-stabbing, and what have you). As for the
character design, it does take some time to get used to. As for the mecha
design, needs some time before most veteran Gundam fans can get used to. One
aspect of the show I really hate is the MS combats - in the first 14
episodes that I saw, there are no "real" MS combat anywhere (Turn A blew up
his rifle in the first couple of episode, use that hammer for one episode,
and finally find the beam saber around episode 10) and besides, it seems
that MS combat would be a very little part of the show (after all, I assume
that I am at least 1/4 of the way through and I still hasn't seen any real
MS combat). If you can accept all that, it's actually a pretty good show. I
had no idea how Tomino convince those two guys to sing the OP and ED (both
of whom used to be pretty popular)...

Edmund Chiu
edf91@worldnet.att.net

My favorite Gundam of all times: