Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:49:52 -0800

> Sorry, I have no idea. I looked for it all over the place but didn't come
>up with anything relevant. The Morinaga homepage doesn't even mention it
>sells chocolates for some reason..
>
>What was the original year of release and what kind of toy were included ?
>Too bad that it wasn't a Bandai release, they've got info on everything
>released since 1985.
>
>This is the only Gundam product related to chocolate that I could find...
><http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/03/87/10062.jpg>Gundam Chocolate 1987

Kawaii! The choco-snack I had in mind was very different though. Have you
ever had Cadbury's Biscuit Finger? It's a milk chocolate-covered biscuit
cookies. The Morinaga choco-snack is the same thing, except shaped like
balls instead. Each package comes with two boxes in shrinkwrap - the
choco-snack is in a longer box while the mini-model is in a box about half
the height of the snack's. The original ones came out in the early 1980s
and even includes the four discarded amphibious suits and MSV designs. I am
pretty sure Morinaga still makes these, as I've gotten some licensed Taiwan
editions from SD Gundam, Gundam Wing, and Gundam X.

>...But I did find a couple of Godzilla stuff from Morinaga. If the Gundam
>toys are anything like the Godzilla ones, I suppose there's no chance that
>a similar toy can be found in Bandai's own releases.
>
>Tet

The Palmtop "The Gundam" mini kits can be thought of as enlarged version of
the Morinaga micro kits, although they take very different approaches to
joint construction.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0