BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 23:36:17 EST

tameno@hotmail.com writes:

<< See, this is where I disagree. Gundam Wing, despite the "Super Robot"
 feel many of us get when watching it, is all about plot twists and
 characters and how they interact with each other. The "mood" editing is
 going to completely destroy that. God, I wish American kids werent so
 F*cked up these days that they couldnt deal with some tasteful violence
 (yes, there is such a thing) and conflict in a TV show without it warping
 their little minds. >>

  Its not the kids, its the parents and adults. There's groups of parents
that want to ban Looney Toons, Donald Duck, etc., because they deem them "too
violent". These parent groups would have very good time denouncing Gundam as
violent "trash".

  Some parents shelter their kids from everything and teach them nothing of
the real world, then expect them to function correctly in it, when their kid
turns 18. There also seem to be the parents who are in these parent groups.
If a parent tries their best to teach their kids about the real world, then
the kid will most likely grow up the "correct" way.

  Sheltering a kid from the real world can be as bad not teaching them about
the real world. But, something's you have to wait to a kids mature enough to
handle these things, the maturity lever differs for each kid. A 5 year old
doesn't need to watch Gundam, but a 12 year old is most likely old enough to
watch some Gundam shows. I could be wrong, but an unedited Wing could be
shown at 5 PM M-F, and would cause 12 year olds and up no problems. People
like Grossman, parent groups, etc., would say otherwise. Gross is an ex US
military official that calls computer and video games "Murder Simulators" I
am not joking!