Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 18:29:24 +1300

Chien Ting Chin wrote:

> Tomonaga wrote:
> > beam rifle (Hizack, Marasai). The Act Zaku appeared in the Z Gundam TV series
> > along with a bunch of other previously unanimated MS from the MS-V and MS-X.
> > The appearances are quite often brief so you will have to be alert and it's also
> > easy to see it but not realise you saw it! : )
>
> Would you write a "hunting" guide? I certainly missed them. Perhaps
> Colin or I could frame grab them and put it up as a public service.
>
> CHIN, Chien Ting
> Dept of Medical Biophysics, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre
> ... o O *
> Man is a bubble

MS-V/MS-X HUNTING GUIDE

The following mobile suits from the MS-V and MS-X can be seen in the Z and ZZ Gundam
series. The MS are arranged in the order of appearance.

Z GUNDAM

MS-06E- Reconnaisance Zaku (two shades of mustard brown)
Z Gundam Ep10 Saikai - 'Reunion'
scheme( Zeon colour scheme is blue).
- Scene: Monitoring AEUG activities on the Moon. Observes missile attack. Reports in
AEUG departure. Gets discovered and swiftly destroyed by the Hyakushiki's beam sabre.
- Comments: Appears shortly prior to and during the first attack by two Marasai as
AEUG ships depart for Earth. Initial appearance is a split second medium range front
on shot but the MS is in the shadows and only the silhouette is visible. The back of
the Zaku can be seen from a medium range for a split second as the first missile wave
hits the base. Immediately after Char comes in to attack, there is a split second
close up of the Zaku as it jumps backwards to get away. If you manage to pause the
screen before the Zaku jumps, you will be able to see that it is carrying a Hizack
shield but no sign of a camera gun. Good medium range side on shot as it is forced
to the ground and destroyed by Char. Total screen time around 5 seconds

MS-06K Zaku Cannon (blue/purple with red & yellow trim)
Z Gundam Ep11 Taikiken totsunuu - 'Re-entry into atmosphere'
Modified for space use.
- Scene: Paptimus Scirocco is talking to the Ship's Captain inside the Hangar bay of
a Federation ship.
- Comments: Appears shortly after Hencken Beckner hands over Argama to Bright Noah and
leaves the ship. Two Zaku Cannons plus a third (partial) can be clearly seen in the
background close up. Total Screen time around 20 seconds. But note there are also blue
Hizacks in the same hangar bay and the background will look like 'a wall of blue MS'
if concentrating on the characters.

MS-06V Zaku Tank (tan)
Z Gundam Ep12 Jabrow no kaze - 'Winds of Jabrow
claws. Mostly for construction use but has machine guns mounted on the tank base.
- Scene: Jabrow hangar, in the background. as sirens warn of an incoming AEUG attack
and the Federation personnel evacuate the base. Then in the hangar.
- Comments: A Zaku tank rises out of the Jabrow hangar bay floor in the background.
Then two of them passes by side-on, very close up (only the tank base is visible).
Also one can be seen (medium range) retreating back into the hangar once MkII and
Hyakushiki gets there. Total screen time around 5 seconds.

MS-07H Gouf Flight type (dark blue+white)
Z Gundam Ep12 Jabrow no kaze - 'Winds of Jabrow'
- Scene: In the Jabrow hangar at the start of the AEUG raid. Also inside the jungle
shortly after the shooting starts. And on the river during the raid.
- Comments: The colour scheme is very dark and hard to make out the features. Initial
scene is where two Zaku tanks(see above) drive by inside the hangar, one Gouf flight
type takes off and two others can be seen lined up ready for launch(medium range). The
Goufs are equipped with Dom giant bazookas. In the jungle a close up of the leg
thrusters are shown as it hovers along the ground, the lone Gouf flight type is then
surprised by a GM(green) and a Nemo and takes several shots to the middle and is
destroyed. On the river, three Gouf flight types hover above the water and attack the
Hyakushiki and two GMs. The MkII comes along and destroys all three. Plenty of screen
time but the MS are dark and hard to make out..

RGC-80 GM Cannon (Red+white/yellow trim)
Z Gundam Ep12 Jabrow no kaze - 'Winds of Jabrow'
- Scene: Being deployed outside the Jabrow hangar during the raid siren. Also
defending inside Jabrow base.
- Comments: The brief initial appearance follows immediately after the Gouf Flight
types launch(see above). Two GM Cannons are kneeling on the back of a truck as it
drives by.(close up shot). The second GM Cannon on the truck is carrying a GMII beam
rifle. One GM Cannon can also be seen defending 'area 1' inside the base as
Hyakushiki and MkII infiltrate the base. One is destroyed by MKII's shots through a
building, and another is shown destroyed next to it. Total screen time around 6
seconds.

RGM-79 GM Sniper Custom (dark green+white)
Z Gundam Ep12 Jabrow no kaze - 'Winds of Jabrow'
- Scene: By the river, during the Jabrow raid. Also defending inside Jabrow.
- Comments: Two GM Sniper Customs are standing by the riverside (medium range)
immediately after the MkII starts hovering along the river pursued by a Marasai. One
is shot by the Hyakushiki and the other dives for cover. The colour scheme is very
dark and is hard to make out any features. These GM Sniper Customs are said to be
equipped with newer sniper rifles than the the MSV kit versions but very hard to tell
just by watching. In the other scene, one can be seen defending 'area 1' in the
background (medium range) near the GM Cannon. Total screen time around 6 seconds.

RMV-1 GunTank II (dark green)
Z Gundam Ep12 Jabrow no kaze - 'Winds of Jabrow'
ever before.
- Scene: Guarding the giant Garuda aircraft by the Jabrow hangar during the AEUG raid.

- Comments: Appears shortly after MkII destroys last of the three Gouf flight types on
the river. Two, possibly three, are shown (long range) for a brief moment guarding the
pink Garuda 'Sudri'. Screen time around 1 second.

Unidentified MS#1 (red)
Z Gundam Ep13 Shuttle hasshin - 'Shuttle launch'
Dias. A lineart of it can be found in the MS Encyclopedia.
- Scene: Inside Kalaba leader, Hayato Kobayashi's Space Museum.
- Comments: This unknown MS type is shown for a split second (medium range) behind the
Sopwith Camel Biplane.

Unidentified MS#2 (black?)
Z Gundam Ep13 Shuttle hasshin - 'Shuttle launch'
Bolinoak Saman PMX-002. A lineart of it can be found in the MS Encyclopedia.
- Scene: Inside Kalaba leader, Hayato Kobayashi's Space Museum.
- Comments: This unknown MS type is shown for a split second (medium range) behind the
Sopwith Camel Biplane next to the unknown red MS. The colour is very dark and is
virtually impossible to make out any features.

MS-11 ActZaku (dark blue/bluish green)
Z Gundam Ep14 Amuro futatabi - Never again Amuro
- Scene: The MS squad accompanying Rosamia Badam's Gaplant enroute from Augusta NT
base to the green Federation Garuda 'Audmura'. They attack the Hyakushiki and MkII
deployed from the pink AEUG Garuda 'Sudri'. They retreat to the 'Audmura'.
- Comments: The ActZaku looks very very dark on screen and most of the scenes are long
range shots. They first appear shortly after Amuro and Katsu successfully get away
from the airport. Three dodais with two Act Zakus on each (total six ActZakus) fly
over the clifftop where the farmers and sheep are admiring the view. In the following
scenes the ActZakus are ordered to attack the Hyakushiki while the Gaplant goes after
the 'Sudri'. The Hyakushiki hits one in the left arm and both Act Zakus fall off the
dodai (good close up of the damaged ActZaku). After a while the Gaplant retreats
followed by two dodais with four ActZakus. One ActZaku on a dodai is shown going
inside the 'Audmura' and is also shown once inside. Three ActZakus can be seen lined
up against the wall for a split second shot as the Asshimar launches out of the
'Audmura'. Reasonable screen time but very hard to make out the features.

MS-06M (MSM-01) Zaku Marine Type aka 'Marine Hizack'(Fed term) (Blue+white)
Z Gundam Ep18 Torawareta Mirai - 'Mirai captured'
- Scene: Deploys out of the Federation Garuda aircraft 'Audmura' to set a trap for
Kalaba. Then prevents Mirai's boat from escaping. Also attacks the MkII.
-Comments: Four Zaku marine types are deployed into water(long range + one split
second close up) shortly after the toy glider thrown off the cruise ship by Mirai's
kids are picked up by Four Murasame. Mirai and the kids later try to escape by boat
and the progress is stopped by a Zaku positioned just below the surface. When the Mk
II is discovered, all four Zakus attack. Three are destroyed by bazooka shots and one
is destroyed by beam sabre (good close ups). Reasonable screen time.

RX-77-3 Gun Cannon Heavy equipment
*numerous sources list the appearance of RX-77-3 GunCannon Heavy equipment model in
the Z Gundam Ep 12 'Winds of Jabrow' but I was not able to spot it. Can anyone
confirm its appearance ? It might appear in another episode but I am pretty sure it is
not in Ep12.

GUNDAM ZZ

MSM-04N Agguguy (reddish brown/yellow trim)
Gundam ZZ Ep40 Tiger Baum no yume - 'Dream of Tiger baum'
Also in Ep41 Lasala no inochi - 'Lasala's life'
arm.
- Scene: Stampa's harem, Agguguy appears to prevent rescue attempt. Also in Ep 41 the
Agguguy appears to prevent Judo and gang from escaping in a car.
- Comment: In episode 40, women are being detained at a harem. Judo dressed as a girl
takes out a guard and hops into a MSM-07 Zugock to rescue his friends. The Agguguy
attempts to stop the Zugock(good close ups). In episode 41, the Agguguy appears to
prevent Judo and gang from escaping in a car, but is eventually sliced in half by Z
Gundam's beam sabre(good close up). Around 10-15 seconds of screen time in total.

MS-06V Zaku Tank (tan)
Gundam ZZ Ep41 Lasala no inochi - 'Lasala's life'
claws. Mostly for construction use but has machine guns mounted on the tank base.
- Scene: Appears to prevent Judo and gang from escaping in car.
-Comment: Same Zaku Tank as seen in Z Gundam. Two appear on the scene to prevent Judo
and gang escaping. Zaku tank in action this time, unlike in Z.

MSM-08 Zogock (red/black + grey trim)
Gundam ZZ Ep41 Lasala no inochi - 'Lasala's life'
head.
- Scene: Appears with MSM-04N Agguguy to prevent Judo and gang from escaping in the
car.
- Comment: Taken out of action by Z Gundam as soon as it appears on screen. Long
range views of the MS only... Very brief and small. Total screen time around 3
seconds. Must be alert or you will miss it.

There may be a couple of MS that I have missed or not taken into account but...
Good luck and good hunting.

Tet

: