Sephiroth (Sephiroth@map.com)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:41:31 +0000

> >An anime channel would already exist if it were economically feasible to do
> >so. But let's face it, there aren't enough anime fans in the United States
> >yet for anime to become "mainstream" There are a lot of anime fans, but not
> >enough for companies to make bajillions of dollars off of.

Precisely, that is why it should be shown on an existing channel.
But it should be shown on one where it doesn't have to be edited or
censored. Anime films (Tank Police and Streetfighter) have appeared
on premium TV (Showtime I think) and they've shown the live action
version of "Wicked City" (the anime one was much better IMHO), and
let us not forget Spawn on HBO. They could do with anime the same
thing they did with Spawn.

- A One-Winged Angel