Hyun Kye (h_kye@skidmore.edu)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:23:33 -0500

Seriously. How come is it that although there are huge growing number of
Anime fans in the states right now and yet, there is not even one decent
anime channel?

First, the fact that Gundam Wing is on Cartoon Network, when other people
look at you, there would think that you are metally under-developed person
since you are still watching cartoons. I just hate those people who thinks
about anime fans here that way. And I do agree with you on the fact that
those people who watched cartoon network version of GW will not be talking
about exact same GW which we have been watching because it has been severely
re-edited and badly translated.

For example. Those people who have watched DBZ on Cartoon Network, back in
my high school there were actually some kids who were in love with the CN
version of DBZ. And they were considereing themselves a Dragon Ball gurus
when they only have seen from Goku was Picollo teaming up to fight Latice,
and never even finished Freeza episodes. Worst of all, CN version was soo
badly translated that half of the time when I was "RE-TEACHING" them about
DBZ, they didn't know what was going on.

I can go on and on and bitch about this matter for the next whatever hours
but I will restrain myself. But seriously, Although I like the idea of
Gundam Wing coming out in the US, I wish they don't air it on Cartoon
Network but just make the tapes. That way, Gundam Wing AS WE KNOW doesn't
turn into another childish American kids' cartoon.
(But what good is saying this when they have already decided to air it,
right? TSK.....)

Steiner Kye