Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 01:25:56 -0800

>I was just watching episode 32 or 33 of the Patlabor TV series when....
>
>a team of Shaft's labors make a group attack- one yelling "JET STEAM
>ATTACK!!!"
>The assault is broken up. "Damn, I've practicing that move for weeks." one
>says.
>
>Bravo! It caught me completely by surprise. Any other gundam references in
>anime out there? (Besides Otaku no Video)
>
>-James

Nadesico has tons of parodies and references to classic mecha anime shows,
including Macross and Gundam. The Crossbone Gundam manga also have some
self references - Bera Norah's parrot is full of one-liners that makes
OYW references, which the crew probably has no idea about (they all thought
it was a noisy bird and did not respond to names like Char Aznable), not to
mention the main character's realization of having read about the Cosmo
Babylonia conflict in history books.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0