BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 04:06:14 EST

jboren@earthlink.net writes:

<< was just watching episode 32 or 33 of the Patlabor TV series when....

 a team of Shaft's labors make a group attack- one yelling "JET STEAM
ATTACK!!!"
 The assault is broken up. "Damn, I've practicing that move for weeks." one
 says.

 Bravo! It caught me completely by surprise. Any other gundam references in
 anime out there? (Besides Otaku no Video) >>

  I also think there's a gundam reference in Final Fantasy VIII (8). Its
called the "Lunar Cry" tons of monsters fell from the Moon, destroying a
city. Could this be a reference to the Colony Drop in Gundam? It happens
again in the game, but doesn't destroy anything.