Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 17:39:11 -0800

Eddie writes,

> 2 amphibious suits haven't been MG'ed or HGUC'ed

  True, but if they didn't do an MG Zugok, I can't see them doing an MG
Acguy or Zock...

> not to mention MSV for MG line.

  Also true, but the MSVs don't seem to have as much star power (aside from
the ubiquitous High Mobility Zaku). They never even did an MG Full Armor
Gundam...

> I thought a while ago there was a rumor here about the next 0080 MG kit
> being the Zaku FZ.

  I haven't heard anything along these lines. I'd previously have scoffed at
the notion - after all, it has no parts in common with the regular Zaku -
but that was before they did the GM Quell. Now, who knows? It might make a
swell antagonist for the Alex - arguably better than the ill-fated Kaempfer.

> Hmm, so he wasn't involved with the previous 3 MG Gelgoog kits? I'd hate
> to see Mika Akitaka's excellent design being messed with.

  Nah, the MG Gelgoog was made over by Okawara (with BEE-CRAFT doing the
Cannon and A type modifications). Aside from teensy doodles in the HG Gundam
manual and the line art of the Lili Marlene's catapult system, Katoki has
apparently never even drawn a Gelgoog. Quite the oversight, eh?

> This sucker is so hard to pose in any scale. They got to figure out some
> solution to the weight of the fin funnels. I'd love to see a 1/60 scale
> MG F-91 or V2AB.

  But would a 1/60 scale kit still be a Master Grade? For the last few
years, there seems to be a strict correspondence between scale and "grade".
For that matter, it's been a while since they did a non-1/144 HG of any
kind...

> Wow... interesting idea! After all, they did put out a MG Super Gundam,
> why not the original G Armor, which is much more fun to play with?

  Bingo. It may be a pipe dream, but that's the one I'd _really_ like to
see. I note that the SD Gundam line has caught retro-G-Armor fever... ;-)

And, as for the history of the MG series...

> Draw your own conclusions from that schedule of releases...

  My conclusion would be that almost half the existing MG series (11 of the
26 non-limited-edition kits) shipped during this past year. I suspect our
friends at Bandai Hobby may simply be taking a little rest. ;-)

-- Mark