Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:15:05 -0800

> And with the Guncannon, Zugok, and Gouf seemingly out of the running -
>since they've been rolled into the HG-UC line - it looks like the original
>series is pretty much tapped out. (I'd bet the Zeong ends up as an HG-UC as
>well.)

2 amphibious suits haven't been MG'ed or HGUC'ed, not to mention MSV for
MG line.

> I think I already laid my bets for the Y2K Master Grade line over in the
>anime models newsgroup, but let's pretend I didn't. Here are my picks,
>either those I think are plausible or those I'd just plain like to see...
>
>* Kamepfer. What else are they going to do from 0080?

I thought a while ago there was a rumor here about the next 0080 MG kit
being the Zaku FZ.

>* Gelgoog Marine. This could easily be revamped into Cima's Gelgoog and
>0080's Gelgoog Jaeger, and since it has few parts in common with the regular
>MG Gelgoog, it would give Katoki a chance to remake the Gelgoog in his own
>image.

Hmm, so he wasn't involved with the previous 3 MG Gelgoog kits? I'd hate
to see Mika Akitaka's excellent design being messed with.

>* GP03S. Sure it's only onscreen for about eleven seconds, but that's more
>screen time than the GM Quell got.

I think the Quel got the MG treatment by virtue of high % of borrowed parts
from the Alex/GM Custom... unfortunately the GP03S doesn't offer much
mold recycling to Bandai.

>* RX-79. The arguments people have made for this one are pretty reasonable,
>but the series is so recent that it lacks the patina of nostalgia that MG
>shoppers look for. It's a longshot, but I'll list it here so as to hedge my
>bets. And after that, there's no other full-size Gundams left but the Nu
>Gundam.

This sucker is so hard to pose in any scale. They got to figure out some
solution to the weight of the fin funnels. I'd love to see a 1/60 scale
MG F-91 or V2AB.

>* Full Armor Gundam or G-Armor. Why not revisit the original RX-78 again?
>It's not like they got it right the first time - as with the Gelgoog Marine,
>this could give Katoki an excuse to redo the MG Gundam in order to "improve
>the G-Armor docking gimmick" or "improve the appearance of the armored
>mode." I'd certainly be happy as a clam.

Wow... interesting idea! After all, they did put out a MG Super Gundam,
why not the original G Armor, which is much more fun to play with?

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0