David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:15:11 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:48:55 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Not matter how cheesy it is, most anime, even the worst, is better
then
> > most any cartoon in the US. Yeah, Batman: The Animated Series,
Gargoyles,
> > X-Men, are some of the good examples of good kids cartoons that
America can
> > make.
> >

> Hey. Anime ain't "cartoons". We created that specific form, the shining
> examples of them being the shorts from WB, MGM and Disney during the '40s
and
> '50s. Nothing out right now besides Southpark can even come close. We
ain't
> worth a shit, really, for episodic animation, no, I am ashamed to say.
We
> certainly are not lacking in money or talent. And I haven't seen one bit
of any
> anime that can approach the humor content of a run of the mill Daffy Duck
> cartoon.

Checking for sarcasm....it's cleaaan!

But actually, all cartoons nowadays are pieces of crap compared to the kings
of all humour: the Dynamic Duo! No, not Batman and Rawwwbin! I'm talking
about Tom and Jerry! Daffy and co ain't got a chance when compared to these
two screen legends.

Jojo