BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:31:55 EST

In a message dated 2/2/00 2:51:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, ledzep@d2.com
writes:

<< Hey. Anime ain't "cartoons". We created that specific form, the shining
 examples of them being the shorts from WB, MGM and Disney during the '40s and
 '50s. Nothing out right now besides Southpark can even come close. We ain't
 worth a shit, really, for episodic animation, no, I am ashamed to say. We
 certainly are not lacking in money or talent. And I haven't seen one bit of
any
 anime that can approach the humor content of a run of the mill Daffy Duck
 cartoon. >>

  Yes, while I hate to say it too, I totally agree. Americans always think of
anime as cartoons, not animation. They need to understand that animation
doesn't have to be for just little kids. As with anything, not all Americans
are this way, though. What ever happened to the spirit of competition? I am a
shamed that American animators aren't trying to compete with anime. Anime
seems to be getting more and more popular. If they aren't careful, all of US
animation, could be come anime and/or Americanized anime.

  The anime for kids, even has more of content then a lot of American made
kids cartoons. The most popular kids cartoon, video game, toy line, etc., is
PokeMon, which is Japanese made. Which is good, its better then a lot of
other kids cartoons.

    Aaron