Thu, 3 Feb 2000 06:22:06 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Valentine <vincent_valentine@yyhmail.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
Date: Thursday, February 03, 2000 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: The state of Anime on American TV (Was-Re: [gundam] Did
Tominoinvent Mecha?)

>> > Not matter how cheesy it is, most anime, even the worst, is better
then
>> most any cartoon in the US. Yeah, Batman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles,
>> X-Men, are some of the good examples of good kids cartoons that America
can
>> make.
>
>Rightey-o. With the sole exception of Batman and Gargoyles (and perhaps the
X-men), American cartoons cater to the prime-time sitcom crowd. Everything
gets perfectly resolved in 30 minutes (and the main characters never change
their clothes). hah hah. Aside from the easy resolution, characters are not
developed and cater to a younger mind with ridiculous antics or pure
action....

>*sigh* Maybe that's why we all loved Gatchaman, Robotech, and
Transformers--because they were originally Japanese (and still retained some
depth of interest, even though they too were Americanized).

There was also Exo-Squad, and, going back a few years, Prince Valiant.