BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:38:01 EST

  Not matter how cheesy it is, most anime, even the worst, is better then
most any cartoon in the US. Yeah, Batman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles,
X-Men, are some of the good examples of good kids cartoons that America can
make.

  Did everyone hear what's supposed to happen to Gundam Wing in the US? If
no, here goes. Wing will start this March, one each weekday and two episodes
every Saturday at Midnight. The weekday ones will have edited violence AND
maybe modified moods!! Ugh! The two Saturday epidoes will be un edited and
are supposed to be excalty like the Japanese one, I think, with the only
change being it will still be dubbed.

  If they are going to bring anime to US TV, they should just dub it and
leave everything else alone. They try to turn some anime into little kiddie
shows, which makes me mad. Yes, of course, there's kid anime. I don't think
Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, etc. are meant for 2-5 year olds. I think they are for
middle school to adults.

  Games like Final Fantasy 8 are left alone. The age range that they are
editing Gundam Wing for, have EASY access to video and computer games that
have alot more violence then Gundam Wing does. I've seen parents buy a game
with a 17 and up or a 13 and up rating for this 11 year old. Yet, these same
parents will complain about TV violence that's less then what's in some
games. I find this as wrong. So, I wish they would see there's no need to
edit Wing at all.

  Cartoon Network may also air theTenchi TV series, according the the
Internet rumors. While its not my favorite, I did like the Tenchi Muyo in
Love movie a lot
and will watch it if it comes true. How much editing will Tenchi. Boy, am I
glad Wing and other US anime, will be on untouched content wise, VHS and DVD.

   Aaron