Richard Holman (homer@mcn.net)
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:53:57 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Ludvig <tameno@hotmail.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
Date: Saturday, January 29, 2000 8:12 AM
Subject: RE: [gundam] Did Tomino invent Mecha?

>I dont know if this would count or not, but remember the really OLD
>Thunderbirds show? The one that was animated with dolls from the 60's (I
>think?) Their vehicles might count as mecha.

Using the traditional definition, yes, they are. Using the common slang
version of the term, I gues not. I use the traditional, so boy do they
count!

...though the show was kinda
>cheesy.

Don't be stepping on a fond memory of youth! Seriously, I have like a dozen
episodes, and am constantly looking, this show inspired many flights of
fancy for my misspent youth. >sigh<