Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:55:45 -0500

> Lime wrote:
> > Not sure. I would have guessed some time during WW1, although I was
always
> > under the impression that the first on a large scale was Guernica (sp?)

Well actually the Zepplin answer has to be first, Guernica
was the town Hitler first tried the Blitzkreig on, Picasso
painted a protest/memorial painting by the same name.

According to Encarta Online

"Guernica was devastated by German air bombardment in 1937."

Glad to see all my art school isn't completely gone away...

Paul